How Often Do Dryers Need Cleaning?
It’s NOT one size fits all. There are several variables that determine how often a dryer and venting system needs cleaning.
- Manufacturer’s requirements
- Volume of laundry
- Total length of the dryer vent system
- Number of bends in the system
- Type, length, and position of the transition vent
- Pet hair or dander present
- Whether the vent or duct joints are screwed or taped together
- Location of the outside exhaust outlet
- Brand of laundry detergent used
Most dryers and vent systems require cleaning every 1 to 5 years. Our technicians will assess your dryer and vent installation and advise the appropriate service frequency required for your unique system. We recommend following manufacturer’, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and local building code technical guidelines.